12 May 2006

On the Necessity of the Pop Music Blog

Take a look at this sweaty guy.



He is me.

This picture illuminates why I want to write this blog. It's the visual equivalent of how much I care about popular music.

I think about it all the time, and I want to discuss it with like-minded folks.

Which would be you.

Won't you join me as I roam the pop landscape? There's so much ground to cover, from rock to rap, from college folkies to all the dead hippies whose records my parents still love.


I want this website to be a place for thoughtful, exuberant discussions of pop. Let's discuss how we both feel and think about the songs, albums, and artists that matter.

Anything goes except rudeness, name-calling, or an inability to see that other people are allowed to disagree with your opinion. Beyond that, the gates are open. Let the discussion begin.


--Mark--

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Laura Barger said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Mark Blankenship said...

Note : I only deleted Laura's comment because it referred to a version of this post that was later deleted.

Out of context, Laura's comment would have made no sense. In context, though, it was hilarious. Trust me.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger megc said...

Hey! Laura pointed me here. Looking forward to reading your HOT BLOG on a regular basis, Mark!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Mark Blankenship said...

Sadly, I do not own any music by Old 97's. I have heard of them, though. Do tell me more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home