07 June 2006

One plug and one apology


Hello everyone!

You should all go check out the latest issue of the The Advocate (that's a picture of the cover of the issue) because it contains two music-related stories by yours truly. My first story--"A God-Des Among Us"--is about God-Des and She, an amazing hip-hop act. (This is their website.)

The other story--"Dykes With Rhymes"--rounds up some of the best queer women in hip-hop and rap. And you know your life is not on target until you've heard some of that mess.


And now for an apology to "Jenn," who very kindly tried to post a comment here. I don't know what happened, but some technological glitch her post from going through.

Here's what Jenn tried to say about the "The Ladies Are Treating Us Right" entry:

"ok, so consider me shocked. only because of my love for adam over at amateur gourmet did i click the link. if adam says, i will click. but i did not expect to enjoy! to see karma chameleon, "the bomb", and the word trepidatious all appear in a blog about pop music... sigh. it brings glee to my secretly shakira-adoring heart. nice work! consider yourself bookmarked."

I had to put that up here. I got props, y'all!

Also, I've reconfigured things to make it easier for anyone to post. So tell me what's got your iPod ablaze.

--Mark--

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to have found your blog, Mark. I look forward to reading it for my daily dose of Miss Thang.

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy Forsyth's "Loves Songs: For & Against," and Wendy Colonna's "Right Where I Belong."

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am here from the Amateur Gourmet. Good writing is always a pleasure to read. Bookmarked!

I don't have an iPod, but what I've been listening a lot to lately is Judee Sill, The Supremes, The Nields, and many, many Moxy Fruvous concerts.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Mark Blankenship said...

Hello, Adam! So glad you can join us.

Tell me more about Judee Sill. Who is that?

And I love the Nields! Do you know their song "I Know What Kind of Love This Is?" It's beautiful and tragic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home