26 October 2006

Off-Topic: May I Borrow That Oscar, Mr. Abraham?

This Sunday, the time will change and I will make my off-Broadway debut.

Yes, I'm appearing in a play called "An Oak Tree"...

http://www.barrowstreettheatre.com/whatsOn.asp#anOakTree ...

You can see me on Sunday, October 29 at 8 PM.

"An Oak Tree" is a two-character show about a hypnotist who calls a subject on-stage, only to discover they share something painful in their pasts.

Every night, the actor playing the subject changes. In the performance after mine, the role will be assayed by Oscar winner F. Murray Abraham. And in November, it's Leslie Hendrix, who plays the sassy, red-headed medical examiner on "Law and Order."

Apparently, it's very important that I don't know what happens in the play before I appear. As I'm performing, I'll be learning... something. I've been told an earpiece will be inolved. That's all I know. (And if you happen to know what's up... please don't tell me!)

So if you're in New York and looking for a good time, come see my performance!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger newplanet said...

Break a leg, Mark :-)

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll think of you from on high.




From an airplane, 'cause I'm not dead, OK??

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this and you were GREAT, Mark. Good work.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Mark Blankenship said...

Thanks, Maggie! I had a great (if very bizarre) time in the show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home