25 June 2007

Teach Me, TV!

So I've decided that when I don't have time to write lengthy, essay-style posts, I won't just post nothing. I mean, I prefer writing the longer pieces, but it's not always possible, you know?

For now, let me give you my third quickie in less than 24 hours. And I don't mean it like that, dirty.

Anyway... Andrew and I are going to Maine in a few weeks, and I know that the capital of Maine is Augusta. But do you know why I know? Not because of anything I learned in school. No, I know the state capitals because I once decided to memorize the song "Wakko's America" from Animaniacs. This was several years after I had supposedly learned the capitals in elementary school, but the mnemonic device that stuck was the one learned during my wasted middle school afternoons.

So in case you have a hard time remembering things like "Bismarck" or "Frankfurt," just take a few minutes to enjoy the following. It'll change you for the better, just like every cartoon ever made.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I loved the Animaniacs. That show was definitely not for kids!

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! what a coincidence. I was quietly singing 'Pinky and the Brain' in a line at the bank today and three people joined in.

If anyone's memory needs refreshing:

They're Pinky and The Brain
Yes, Pinky and The Brain
One is a genius
The other's insane.
They're laboratory mice
Their genes have been spliced
They're dinky
They're Pinky and The Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
Brain.

Before each night is done
Their plan will be unfurled
By the dawning of the sun
They'll take over the world.

They're Pinky and The Brain
Yes, Pinky and The Brain
Their twilight campaign
Is easy to explain.
To prove their mousey worth

They'll overthrow the Earth
They're dinky
They're Pinky and The Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
Narf!


By the way I'm a new reader of this amazing blog. thanks Mark...Youre awsome, love what you wrote about Natalie Merchant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home