19 January 2007

Albums and (of course) Idols

Before we begin, let me ask you all this: Are you watching "30 Rock?" If not, you should be. It's awesome. If you are, and you saw tonight's episode, you'll know what I mean when I say, "Kat Cour Su." (Just imagine that scrawled on a wall. Yeah. Now you feel me.)

Anyhoo... let's carry on. I'd like to tell you about my...

Six Favorite Albums of 2006.

(I'm on a computer with limited interface capabilities, so links to old posts won't be coming into play today. But I didn't want to wait to post. That's dedication, people!)

6. Scissor Sisters, "Ta-Dah!"

5. Gnarls Barkley, "St. Elsewhere"

4. Under the Influence of Giants, "Under the Influence of Giants"

3. Shiny Toy Guns, "We Are Pilots"

2. Snow Patrol, "Eyes Open"

1. Dixie Chicks, "The Long Way Around"

Now that I've got this blog, I feel like there's no real reason to go into detail about my choices. I've been saying what I like about these albums for months. But if you still haven't given yourself a chance to hear them, you should. You won't be disappointed.

Elsewhere, did anyone notice the recent report that the premiere for the sixth season of American Idol had the second-highest ratings in the show's history? (Behind only the finale between Clay and Ruben. Ruben, by the way, is still billing himself in concert as "American Idol's Ruben Studdard." Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson don't need the show's help anymore, Rubes. What does that say?)

However, for the second consecutive week, national album sales have hit an all-time low. It's fascinating that the most popular television show in America is centered around an industry on the wane.

What does it all mean? I don't know, but I hope that really tall woman from Seattle makes it the top 24. She's so tall! I'd buy her album for that reason alone! And that would send the sagging music business through the roof. In the way a tall woman's head might go through it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're totally a hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home